I’ve been feeling really uninspired to blog lately, I’m very new to the blogging scene, and finding a lot of cute things to write about is so hard when you’re job searching! I know, technically since I’m only working two casual jobs, I should have more time to blog compared to everybody else who juggle full time jobs and their own blog, but looking for a job is a full time job! Between applying for jobs, going to appointments with recruitment companies, attending interviews, it really takes up a lot of time! Anyway, enough of me rambling about jobs…
I awakened from an early night to find out I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Emma over at The Ginger Rules I had honestly never even heard of a Liebster award until today. After doing some research, I found out it was a way to give smaller blogs some recognition, which is such a cute idea, because the blogosphere is absolutely huge, so it’s easy to get lost among all those more well known.
The rules are:
- Link back to your nominator
- Answer your Liebster questions given to you – 10 questions given by your nominator
- Nominate 10 blogs with 200 or less followers (I cheated her a bit and used blogs with just over 200 followers)
- Think of 10 questions for them to answer
- Pass on the good news to your nominees with a little comment on their blog
Here’s the questions I was left:
- Chips or crisps
- Crisps definitely! I’m addicted to crisps, they’re my weakness. I could easily eat three packets in a row which is pretty disgusting and really bad for you I know!
- Mini, midi or maxi?
- Depends on the occasion I think, but I’m really into maxi at the moment. I’ve been to three weddings this year and have opted for maxi dresses for all of them. They can flatter all body shapes.
- Summer or winter?
- I’m most definitely a winter girl! I’m ginger, of course I prefer winter, I love hats, scarves, candles, comfy clothes and being able to snuggle up and get as warm and toasty as possible.
- Cats or dogs?
- I love cats. I have been pestering Pete for a kitten for so long but he won’t cave, it’s so sad 😦
- Heels or flats?
- I love wearing heels, they make me feel instantly more sexy and confident.. I’m a Jeffrey Campbell addict, it’s quite bad. If I’m not buying them, I’m always pining after them by online window shopping.
- Twitter, Facebook or Instagram?
- I’ve always preferred Twitter to Facebook, I don’t know why. I have a Blackberry so I can’t get Instagram which makes me feel really left out, but once my contract is up, I’ll definitely be ditching the Blackberry and moving onto something better!
- Boys or girls?
- Ever since I can remember I was always ‘one of the lads.’ I used to hang round with the lads in college, and in work, and used to go on nights out with them all the time. Obviously, I had my girl friends as well, but mainly, I was out with lads. I don’t think this has changed much, I’ve always got on with guys loads better than girls (I know ALL girls say this) but I remember once, one of my friends said something quite offensive (a typical lad thing to say) and he got told off because I was there, his response was ‘it’s only Rachael.’ I am a little bit more girly than I used to be, but I think that just comes with growing up.
- Sequins or fur?
- I’m not really into either, I have two sequin tops, and a faux fur coat that malts a lot, but I don’t think I’d choose one over the other.
- Birthdays or Christmas?
- Christmas is my favourite time of year, it lasts longer than a birthday. I know it’s just for one day, but it’s the build up to Christmas that I love the most. I love the smell of Christmas, decorating the tree, watching Christmas films and spending time with my family. It really is magical no matter how old you are!
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- I think when you’re 23, live away from home and are engaged, you’ve grown up. I have NO idea what I want to do with my life. Why do you have to decide at a young age what you want to be when you grow up? I suppose it’s good to know, because then you can make a plan and follow it, but at the moment, I just want to continue with administration work, which I’ve been doing the past couple of years. I know this isn’t an ideal career choice, but I’m happy doing that for now. I’m also doing bar work and promotional work, so I guess anything can come of that, I’m just going to wait and see how it goes.
Here are some of my favourite bloggers at the moment that I nominate!
Your questions are:
- If you could live off one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you were an animal, which animal would you be and why?
- How did you get into blogging?
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would it be?
- If you could try any job for the day, what would it be?
- What is your favourite film?
- Name one thing on your bucket list.
- Do you prefer tea or coffee?
- What are you scared of?
- If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
This was fun and really good timing, as I had something to write about before I head off for the weekend!