Okay, as I said before, I’ve been ill so you’ll have to forgive me for being so late with my first post! I promise I’ll be better with the rest of these posts.
I think a lot rides on introductions, first impressions and all that. It’s always so hard to talk about yourself isn’t it? I’m going to keep this as brief as possible and give you 10 facts about me.
- I love rollercoasters! I’m a proper thrill seeker, the higher, the scarier, the more loops, the better. I used to be scared of them when I was younger, even the none upside down ones, until my nan and grandad took my brother and I to Florida for the second time. Since then, I’ve never looked back. I’m dying to go to a theme park but Pete’s not a fan. Booo!
- Barry Manilow is my guilty pleasure. My mum
is obsessed with himloves him, she definitely brain washed me as a child because recently he’s all I listen to.
- My hair is naturally really curly but I straighten it all the time, I’d actually be lost without my GHDs. When I was younger, people would stop my family in the street to comment on my hair and even asked if it was a perm!
- Christmas is my favourite holiday! I love the lead up to Christmas, the way Christmas smells (and yes it has a smell – anything mulled wine and spicy scented), Christmas films. I love spending time with my family, every Christmas we go to the Trafford Centre (for all you Southerners, the Trafford Centre is an amazing indoor shopping centre which is absolutely massive). We shop, we get a present each and we go to the cinema to watch a Christmas film.
- I still watch cartoons. I love reliving my childhood by watching The Wild Thornberry’s, Hey Arnold and The Rugrats. Pete laughs at me all the time but I don’t even care.
- People always spell my name wrong, even when it’s written there right in front of them and it’s one of my pet hates. Yes, I’m Rachael not Rachel. It’s worse when I correct people and they reply “it doesn’t matter does it?” of course it matters, it’s not my name! It’s probably petty to let it get to me.
- I love mugs, I even have favourite mugs to drink out of. I don’t like drinking out of regular size mugs, and whenever Pete makes me tea, I tell him what mug I want, I think it’s because I really like tea, and a regular size mug isn’t big enough. Is this a weird thing to have?
- Darren Shan is my favourite author, This is another thing Pete laughs at me about, because Darren Shan writes teenage fiction, but I’ve been reading his books since I was 14 so I’m not going to stop now.
- I’m a really clumsy person, I wish I was elegant but I’m far from it. I trip over my own feet, I drop things, I knock things over. Nothing is safe around me, as my nan would said I’m like a bull in a china shop.
- Winter is my favourite season, I love being able to wrap up as warm as I want, and being inside drinking tea when the weather is nasty outside. I love winter clothes, scarves, hats, coats and gloves. I guess this is due to me being ginger and not being a sun lover.
Are you taking part in #BEDN?