Topic #7 is 10 Things – no particular topic, just a list of 10 things. So I’m going to tell you about my favourite films.
These are 10 of my favourite films, there’s definitely a musical theme going on.
- Moulin Rouge – I think Moulin Rouge is a love it or hate it film, there’s no in between. I remember the first time I watched it, I just didn’t get it at all, but now it’s probably my favourite film. Baz Lurhman is just amazing don’t you think? I’m a sucker for musicals and this is perfect, the songs, although not original, are just great fun. I even had a Moulin Rouge themed fancy dress night out for my 18th birthday.
- Phantom of the Opera – When I was younger, I used to listen to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack which my parents had, I think it was a West End production version, and I always wanted to see it in the theatre. Unfortunately it never came round (up until recently and now I’ve seen it two years running) so watching the film was the next best thing. Gerard Butler is so good as the Phantom and Emily Rossum’s voice is beautiful. If I could go and see Phantom of the Opera in the theatre every day, I would. I watched this last week when I was ill and it made me feel loads better.
- Back to the Future – 80s classic. Need I say more?
- Hairspray – Zac Efron and James Marsden in one film. Yes please. I love a good sing along and the songs in Hairspray are just so upbeat and catchy.
- The Skeleton Key – If you haven’t seen this film, watch it. I watch this film over and over again because I think it’s a brilliant watch! I have a massive girl crush on Kate Hudson as well.
- Mulan – This is my favourite Disney film ever. I always want to watch this and Pete says no 😦 I’m only allowed to watch things once because he says “we watched it recently” when we haven’t! It’s just his excuse to get out of watching something.
- Chicago – “Come on babe why don’t we paint the town and all that jazzzz”. Yes, I know, another musical, but badass girls who killed their boyfriends and are on death row is a pretty awesome plot if you ask me.
- Elf – I could watch Elf any day of the year, it’s just so good and I love Christmas so this is perfect. Pete gets so annoyed around this time of year because we have to watch it about 5 times!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – Anything by Tim Burton is okay by me.
- Sweeney Todd – A musical directed by Tim Burton? Double whammy! I love how dark this is and Alan Rickman’s singing is just perfect.
Okay, so looking back, I probably should have listed 10 of my favourite musicals but here we go. Congratulations if you made it this far!
What is your favourite film?
Are you taking part in BEDN? Leave your link in the comments below